Full Job Description
Business Development Specialist (Skilled Nursing Facility Marketing)
SNF, Healthcare sales, marketing, training, program development
Attention all Healthcare Marketers:
Are you feeling stagnant in your career and looking to make a change?
Here at Integrative Physiatry, we believe that the members of our team are the most important asset we have. Our focus is to ensure our team members have all the tools they need to provide 5 star care to the Post- Acute Skilled Nursing Facilities and the patients we support.
We are _ Integrative Physiatry_, a company founded by physiatrists for physiatrists! Integrative Physiatry was created with one goal in mind: Improve More Lives. Whether for our patients, physicians, or fellow administrators and nurses at the facilities we partner with, we have been spreading our message across the nation and aim to provide the best quality care for every patient! Our efficient partnerships with post-acute skilled nursing facilities allows us to do so!
Our Integrative Team works day in and day out with a passion to help others. We offer a vibrant and energetic work environment. Our team works closely together to ensure our team of providers are well taken care of, supported, and because we are so close, our team members are experts in their field and wear different hats to assist whenever need be. That being said, we offer an in-depth on-boarding process to set our team members up for success. We are looking for a full-time Business Development Specialist who is a self-starter and can also work collaboratively with our support team. They will join our team of support staff and highly skilled Board-Certified Physicians, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners in helping to improve the lives of each individual they meet through each of their interactions.
We aim to provide the best quality care for every patient through comprehensive, multidisciplinary medical and interventional treatments. We are also deeply involved in professional education and strive to integrate cutting-edge treatment modalities for various acute and chronic painful conditions.
We are looking for someone who is experienced in sales and marketing, self-motivated, creative, organized, process oriented, team focused, and optimistic to join our team as the Community Relations Specialist.
POSITION OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
The Business Development Specialist (BDS) primary roles are to implement the business development plan for the company, generate and close new leads, initiate and start new accounts, and retain existing accounts. You will make cold and warm calls via phone, email and in person, to Skilled Nursing Facility Administrators, DONs and DORs to get their agreement to allow our providers to visit patients in their facilities. You will also walk providers into facilities, introduce them and get them started seeing patients.
You will be expected to
- Have a clear understanding of how a SNF operates.
- Promote and maintain good public relations in the Skilled Nursing community on behalf of Integrative Physiatry.
- Provide input as requested into changes in marketing efforts, strategies and plans.
- Make sales calls to both targeted sources as well as finding and contacting new leads.
- Coordinate and execute effective face to face visits with providers and skilled nursing facilities.
- Conduct regular check-ins with providers and SNFs as needed.
- Facilitate in-service training for providers and SNF personnel regarding applicable Physiatry/PMR programs.
- Maintain up-to-date information on overall trends and competitors, including locations and marketing strategies.
- Seek out and participate in community activities which will further marketing efforts.
- Actively participate in weekly business development meetings.
- Effectively communicate your daily efforts and upcoming projects to the executive team.
- Coordinate cost-effective and safe travel arrangements that may include flights, rideshare, rental car, public transport, hotel, parking, etc.
- Maintain good working relationships with all providers, companies, and personnel regardless of current business relationship with the company.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and offsite events as needed.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of targeted marketing materials as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements of position)
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with physicians, professional and non-professional personnel.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years experience in sales and marketing preferred.
- Previous experience in healthcare required. Previous experience in SNFs preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as, ability to handle difficult situations.
- Must be able to relate information concerning Physiatry Services.
- Must be knowledgeable of payment programs, general business practices, nursing practice, psychology of resident care, social services, and therapeutic and supportive long term care services.
- Job consists of approximately 25% phone work, 50% local daily travel visiting SNFs in person, 25% out of area travel.
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with providers, skilled nursing staff, residents, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, and visitors.
- Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
With or without the aid of mechanical devices
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetic devices that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 10 pounds.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related to, or is a logical assignment to the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Marketing: 2 years (Required)
- Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Medical/SNF: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road